Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Soar like an Eagle!


Chris finally got his Eagle! I say finally because he has had it for months now, but just wouldn't finish up his paper work. Then when the Eagle came in, he wouldn't go get it! I guess he figured he earned it, and he was done!!
He has been doing scout stuff since he was 5 years old because Brian was made scout master at the time. Brian gave a great talk about how much Chris has done because of the many opportunities to go on scout camp outs, and other fun stuff scouts get to do, before Chris was old enough to be a scout. It probably wasn't quite fair to the other kids in scouts but Brian got the opportunity to spend lots of time with his sons!



This is Kieth Horne, he was Chris' leader for about three years. He has been a great example to us all! We couldn't have asked for a better leader for our son!



Me and Chris! I got the great honor of putting the Eagle on him!

Brian and Chris! Boy I sure do love these boys! Look how good they look in their scout uniforms!


Chris gave the mentor pin to the best people I know to deserve it, Kieth and Leslie Horne! I think Leslie "almost" deserved the mothers pin because she has done so much to help Chris get his stuff together!!!!
I hope they both know how much we all appreciate them!


Grandparents and Chris!

Can I just say how proud I am of my son!

11 comments:

Francie said...

way to go chris! we are all so very proud of you!

Jensen Family said...

Woohoo! That is so exciting! Tell Chris we are so proud of him too! Great pictures of the event!!

{Bryanna} said...

How exciting!!! Way to go Chris! I love the pictures!
:) Bryanna

Janae Coons said...

That was such a good night! i'm so proud of the kid! What an awesome FRIEND!! =)

Hudson Clan said...

Great job Chris!!! What an good example for all his cousins!

Hurt Family said...

So cool good for Chris. I can`t beleave how tall he is. Oh I miss seeing all of the family

Ross and Sherry said...

Way to go Chris!!! You will go far in life. Enjoy every moment!!

The Roberts Family said...

That is AWESOME!!!!! Eagle Scout...way to go! Lady...you are so cute! hahaha.

jessica rabbit said...

I know this is totally random....but you were in my dreams last night. I have no recollection of what was going on, though! =) Just thought I'd share a tidbit of my oh-so-fascinating dream world!

Arabeth said...

This is arabeth. Of course you can follow our blog. It might be borring. Your family is beautiful.Where is you husbands family from? Im sure most brimhalls are related.

aprilhoyt said...

congrats!! that is way awesome!! crazy how fast they grow up!!